Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WIP - Bird Of Paradise

A few months ago I posted this painting when it still had a white background. I used Photoshop Elements to preview possible backgrounds. In the past couple weeks I started putting paint on the canvas again. It was scary. That seems so dumb because it's just a canvas with paint on it. But I was more tired of it not being done than I was scared of messing it up.
I think I'm just about done now. I'm keeping it in a prominent spot so I can spy anything that might bother me.

5 comments:

Deirdra Doan said...

Yes painting is sometimes daunting.

I was not into dolls either...but I like painting...and this was fun to have a doll that weight is on painting. I like painting the face. So it is also a fun way to get into 3 dimensional works.

Anonymous said...

Your Bird of Paradise is beautiful, Regina!
I can understand your fear of messing it up. What I tend to think when I am in a similar situation with my quilting is: oh, what the ..., it's only a piece of fabric, let go..For me this seems to work, not having too much expectations seems to decrease the stress (hope you know what I mean, English not being my native language).

Thank you very much too for your comment on my Portion Control entry!
Regina,, St. Maarten, DWI

Anonymous said...

I am waiting for a butterfly to land on it. Chickie Sis

Steve Emery said...

So - your own little battle with "afraid to mess it up" - that was my problem with the foxes. I'm glad you moved on - this is beautiful.

And I know what you mean about leaving it in a prominent place to see if anything else bothers you. I did that with Glee 1, and I found several things that bother me (but I can't fix them easily now with the paper long off the board). I don't plan to go back, anyway - that was one I had to get out of my system, and I learned a lot from the painting of it - but I don't have a need to revisit it. I hope you find that this one of yours wears well - continues to please.

Janets Planet said...

I think the blue background was an excellent choice. Really love the colors.