Thursday, January 19, 2012

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

I've been sorting through image files and playing with the new skills I'm learning from Kim Klassen.  You can still sign up for her Beyond Layers Year of Artful Inspiration.

This is an image I shot in Marshalltown, Iowa on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon when Hubby and I were admiring the architecture of its downtown area.  I was drawn to the color of the door and all the lovely texture created by the peeling paint.

Today I was challenged to choose a simple shot and alter it just enough....  After tweaking the light levels and hue saturation just a bit, I added Kim Klassen texture layers that were adjusted with blending modes.
Do you remember Milton Berle?  I thought his quote was just the right finishing touch.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Your peeling paint got my attention over at Beyond Layers...then I read that the photo was taken in my home state of Iowa!!! Nice to meet you...I am learning so much from Miss Kim!

Kaylene said...

Wonderful

amanda said...

What a beautiful image. I love peeling paint.

Carola Bartz said...

The quote is perfect!!