Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Acrylic Painting - Tulips

This is my latest painting. I haven't given it a title. Suggestions are welcome. It's on 10x20 stretched canvas. It's not exactly how I envisioned it going, but that's not unusual. I used the color palette I showed you in a previous post. As the painting developed, I added Golden's Green Gold and just a touch of Hansa Yellow Medium. Just for fun, I used some metallics for accents. Golden's Bronze fine and Lumiere Metallic Green, Metallic Copper and Purple Pearl.
This is a detail from the painting. You might be able to see the reflection off some of the metallic accents. I was careful to use them sparingly.
The painting is darker under my home's normal lighting, but I really prefer it as it's shown here with the mid morning sun on it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This gave me such a sense of joy - I could almost hear all creation singing, "Sing Alleluia to the Lord!" Thanks for a moment of beauty that I'll take with me the rest of my day. Love ya', Chickie Sis

Kelly Warren said...

beautiful regina! very happy painting.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful painting. The colors you chose are luscious together.

Susan Tuttle said...

i love the combination of orange and blue -- i think they may be my fav complimentary colors.

beautiful -- making me long for warm weather.

xo

Andrea Rooks said...

Gorgeous! The colors are so vibrant, a perfect reminder that spring is only three weeks away!

Genie Sea said...

Tulip Ballet. That's the title that came to me as I gazed on your lovely creation. Happy, happy, joy joy! :)

G.Dowell said...

This makes me yearn for spring! Hopefully it will be here soon. I love when the flowers come up from the ground in search of the sun.

Great painting...I love the blue textured background-it really sets off the flowers. And you used just enough of the metallic for highlights. I recently did a painting I really liked, but used too much metallic...now I'm having to repaint it. *sigh*

Sharon P Pope said...

These are gorgeous! Blue and orange is my favorite color combo. :)

Anonymous said...

hello!! :D nice post!!

Lisa Lorenz said...

Just love these tulips...the colour and the background are just eye catching.