Saturday, December 27, 2008

Variations on a Theme - Photoshop Play


It's nice to have quiet activities to occupy myself with while recouperating from a prolonged respiratory virus. Even though I am longing to paint on canvas, it can become a very physical activity. Instead, I've been going through digital files looking for reference photos. I found myself drawn to images of our Prairie Fire Crabapple blossoms. Tonight I played with Photoshop Elements and applied various filters to this image. Then I put the variations together in this collage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Regina, your composition is very nice, it could make a beautiful postcard.
I wish you a speed recovery. I was quite ill last week myself and unable to work on my paintings, just made some little drawings.
Have a nice 31 December !

Susan Tuttle said...

Hi Regina,
Such lovely work in Photoshop! I hope you are feeling better and recovering from your virus. I am just recovering from a bad sinus infection that I had over the Christmas holidays. It is no fun, but when we do start to feel better we see our health in a new way, don't you think?

Happy New Year!

Susan
xo