Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


November 27th is Thanksgiving this year.

It's also my in-law's 61st anniversary. That's WAY cool! Hubby & I have known each other 30 years. I hope we are blessed with long lives & make it to our 61st anniversary and beyond.

November 27, 2006 was the day my Dad moved on to Heaven. I've been thinking about him more lately. He enjoyed observing jet trails in the sky. While we worked on our house project, there were many times I saw jet trails glittering in the sky as the sun was dropping toward the horizon. I think of Dad every time I see them.

So, I was thinking of my parents tonight on the eve of Thanksgiving. They gave us a loving home on the farm. Mom taught me so many things that I easily take for granted... sewing, embroidery, cooking, gardening. Dad taught us to appreciate nature and how to fish. He encouraged my singing. Together they taught us the value of love, faith, community, service, sacrifice and hard work. Mom continues to encourage me with love and support.

I give thanks to the Lord for giving me such parents and such a home. I also give Him thanks for helping us persevere on our house project and keeping us safe. Hubby placed the last siding and trim today.
The above image is my parents in the early 50's before Dad left to serve for 1 year in the Korean Conflict. The house is where Dad was born and where I grew up. The collage was formed in Photoshop Elements.

2 comments:

Shayla said...

Good parents certainly are a precious gift to be thankful for. Have a great weekend, Regina.

Kelly Warren said...

Lovely remembrance, Regina. I hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving!