Sunday, November 2, 2008

Art Every Day Month & House Update





We've completed the east end of the house! Hubby took some shots with me wa-a-a-ay up by the peak as I was touching up the paint. Yesterday a friend helped up make more progress. The big job he helped on was getting the old front door out and getting our new door in. It was too dark for pictures last night and I forgot to take some today.

This morning I dragged my weary body out of bed and went to church. Two or three Sundays each month I sing with our worship band. It's a blessing to be able to be involved in music ministry. I love it! In addition to our mid-week practice, we always rehearse before Sunday School. I usually get some breakfast during the Sunday School hour before heading back for our worship service.

Today I went to Panera for a pink ribbon bagel (scrumptious) and a cup of tea. My body was really aching from all the time spent working on the house this past week. I decided to sketch my cup of tea while I sat there. When it was time to leave, I realized that my pain level had decreased significantly while I was sketching. Sure, I'd taken some ibuprofen, but I think the process of making art contributed to my improved sense of well-being. That's a lesson for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I swear I was typing a comment and it just disappeared. If you get another from me as well, sorry for being redundant.
I bet it feels so good to be finishing up the house. How much is left? It looks wonderful.
Thanks for the sweet comment yesterday. Our house is very quiet today without our little dog. The other animals and all the people are quite sure how to act.
amanda

Janets Planet said...

Working on scaffolding is scary enough, but a ladder on top of it? Yikes! Siding job is looking good!

Jodi Ohl said...

I think there's a lot to be said about art as a healing tool--not just mentally but physically, too. I can attest to it myself as well.

I haven't tried the pink ribbon bagel-it sounds yummy though!