Saturday, January 10, 2009

Common Sense in my Little Black Sketchbook (Day 7)

Here's a catch-up entry to the art journaling challenge. On Wednesday I never got to the journal I'm using for this challenge. But I had my trusty little black sketchbook in my purse. I usually have snatches of time away from home and this has become my favorite item in my purse. It's only 4 x 6 with 160 pages of 80 lb. paper that I really like. It's called "Leather Etc." by CIH Corp. It was only $3.99 at Hobby Lobby! After work on Wednesday, I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up the 12 piece set of Prismacolor Nupastels using a 40% off coupon ;-) .
Hubby & I often have dinner at the HyVee grocery cafeteria. That's where I headed next (with Nupastels stashed in my purse.) As usual, we spent time reading the newspapers after dinner and that's where I saw the quote by Will Rogers. I was just going to jot it down in my sketchbook when the light bulb went off in my head. Out came the Nupastels. I smudged in the background colors, drew circles, smudged some more. After penciling in the quote, I inked it in with gel pen. It was fun & satisfying.


No comments: