Friday, January 23, 2009

Art Journal Day 22 - Crayons

Thursday we got to play with crayons. In my adult life, I've had at least one box of crayons ever since my sweet Hubby bought me coloring books and crayons when I was in the hospital just a few weeks after our wedding. However, the crayons don't come out to play very often. About 10 years or so ago, my sister bought me a package of Twist-Up Crayons because I enjoyed using them while coloring with my nieces. I got them out to do the wild flower that I colored on smooth Bristol. I like the way they lay down color.
This cropped portrait was done with Crayola crayons. While I had more choices of color, I didn't like the way they went down on my paper. I suppose a paper with more tooth would have been better.


1 comment:

Janets Planet said...

Try using an old iron to melt and "paint" the crayons next time you want to play around with them.