Thursday, November 29, 2007

Swinging Bridge Studio & Other News



I was recently asked to submit art to a new studio/gallery located in Story City, Iowa. Swinging Bridge Studio's name is inspired by a local landmark in the city park. I took this opportunity to update my artist statement. It is SO hard to describe my work in a few words since I'm involved with many media.

I took some jewelry pieces. Pictured is a necklace composed of jade, freshwater pearls, Swarovski crytals, and Czech glass leaves.

I also took some paintings. Leaf Trio is an example of what can happen when I play with watercolors and one of my favorite subjects.

Tonight I took several shots of some jewelry pieces I plan to post on Etsy in the next few days. I think it's important to write detailed descriptions, so it takes some time to get listings posted.

Finally, this Friday I start teaching knitting at Prairie Fibers Co. There are still opennings, so contact me if you are in the area and want to sign up.