Monday, November 19, 2007

After the Prairie Fibers Co. Trunk Show




Whew! Days of preparations & 3 more days of trunk show plus painting demonstrations are over. Back at home there's all the re-organization to do, but the pressure is off and my body was aching for rest when we got home last night. Aquatic therapy was wonderful this morning.

I met some really great people and was happy to have friends drop by too. Thanks to all who came or sent well-wishes but couldn't make it this weekend.

I've posted 3 shots from the show. The majority of jewelry was on this 2-sided display which was visible from all the street-side windows. The displays generated a lot of interest and brought some people in. We hung several of my paintings on the wall behind the table I was demonstrating at. The 2nd shot is the scene from the sidewalk just outside the shop. I painted several fiber ATC cards with Tsukineko All-Purpose Ink and Setacolor Fabric Paints during the weekend. I will add some embellishments and photograph them for a future post. My last project was painting a canvas tote in an impressionistic watercolor style. It needs some finishing touches.

My next projects are to prepare listings for my Etsy shop. I'm also looking into getting some pieces into a local gallery. After Thanksgiving weekend, I'll be getting ready for the beginning knitting class I'll be teaching later next week.

1 comment:

k baxter packwood said...

Gigi the photos look great!