Thursday, February 7, 2013

Revisiting Art Journals and Clipping Layers

Tonight I learned how to make a template with PS Elements which I used to assemble this collage. The template was created with layers and shapes and clipping layers together.  I don't know why it took me so long to get to the point of figuring out how to do this, but I know I will find the technique very useful.  It's really not hard.

The template before adding images.
Well, once I made the template, what was I to put in the blanks?   A quick scan through image files took me to folders with journal shots.  I chose xo and heart themed pages for this collage.  Next I added a subtle texture layer by Kim Klassen called Peony.  Finally, the quote was added.
I might paraphrase this quote to say, "At the touch of love everyone becomes an artist."

No comments: