Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Framing a Fall Walk


Brookside Park, Ames, Iowa
 In my effort to get back into the practice of editing images for Beyond Layers assignments, I chose a shot I took with my HTC Thunderbolt last fall on a glorious Sunday when Hubby and I went for a walk at a local park.

The point of the assignment was to add frames to our images which is just what I did to help draw your attention toward the biker on the path.  I had a similar shot with no biker, but the human element made this seem more interesting to me.

The light was quite bright and scattered across the image - even in the shadows.  I played with the levels and added a color layer to help boost the warmth I felt that day.

Next I added two frame layers.  One is quite broad and is not very obvious.  I used it to darken the outer part of the image and make the center seem brighter in contrast.  A narrow dark border was added to finish this off.  Both borders are heavily feathered to blend into the shot.

I like knowing how to make this vintage-style border that is similar to a quick action I can do with the PicSay Pro app on my phone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautimous! Wish it were spring so I could get out on my bike again! xxxooo Chickie Sis