Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Glenwood Canyon Colorado and I-70




Hubby left for Glenwood Springs, Colorado today for another biz trip. It's hard to believe we were there just 2 weeks ago... and I was reminded that I have more pics to post.

I loved the colors and stratification of the different stones and soils we saw on our trip. Even though most of the vegetation was dormant, I appreciated its forms and colors. They are different from what I see daily in the midwest.

I decided to show you one of the shots I took along I-70 while we were still in eastern Utah. The sun reflecting off the distant peaks was stunning. There were red rock formations that literally glowed. I doubt I could have captured that even if I wasn't taking the shot thru the truck window going 80 mph!

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn in Glenwood Springs. On the right side of that shot, you can see a small shelter. That's where we enjoyed the outdoor hottub the night we stayed. It was so steamy that we almost couldn't see across the canyon where a lighted cross was on the top of the mountain. Christmas lights decorated the aspen tree by the shelter. It was beautiful and very refreshing.

Glenwood Springs is a very interesting town that I would love to return to. Amtrak has a stop there, but I think my next trip there will be by car.

No comments: