Monday, October 22, 2007

Lincoln Highway Artists Studio Tour Part 3

Only 2 more stops for us on this year's tour. I didn't get to all I hoped for, but I came close.
Patricia Kimle is best known for her beautifully detailed polymer clay jewelry. She has added silver work and precious metal clay design to her resume, and she has designed a unique line of jewelry combining them all. Patricia incorporates scripture and nature images in her designs to create sophisticated wearable art which can be found on her website, http://www.precioustext.com/. She is also the author of a beautiful book and several magazine articles.
Our last stop was at the glass blowing studio of Art Ciccotti. When we arrived, he was in the early stages of forming what became a very organic-looking vase. The tremendous heat from the furnace was welcome as the day was becoming quite chill. Todd treated me to a very special early birthday gift and allowed me to select one of Art's pieces from the adjoining showroom. He makes wonderful glass balls that are perfect for Christmas. I've given several of them away over the years, but never purchased anything for myself. Now I have a beautiful vessel of my own on the top of my dresser. YEAH!

What a great way to end this year's tour.

No comments: