Monday, October 29, 2007

Holiday Open House at Prairie Fibers Co.

Coming soon - Holiday open house on Nov. 15 - 17 at Prairie Fibers Company, 330 Main St., Ames, Iowa. If you are in the area, be sure to stop by and say hello. The owner, my friend Kimberly, has invited me to bring my jewelry which will be on display for sale. I will be demonstrating painting on fabric during the open house.
Prairie Fibers Co. is a unique store where anyone interested in textiles, mixed media, and knitting should come. Kimberly is an expert with natural dyeing techniques as well as a gifted artist. I really hope you'll stop by if you can. http://www.prairiefibers.com/

Today's pic is a denim tote that I painted using Setacolor Paints which I purchased at Prairie Fibers Co. I really appreciate that the opaque colors have good coverage on the dark denim fabric. Heat set the paint once it is dry, and the fabric is washable.

No comments: