Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fair Trade Meets Art



Last week I picked up this sweet little journal at a fair trade shop called Worldly Goods in Ames, Iowa. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I loved everything about it from the collaged leaf cover to the handmade paper signatures. I realized it could become an album for ATC's when I placed this new ATC by it so you could see the relative size of the album.

Speaking of ATC's, I made a few the past couple weeks. I'm doing an exchange & will reveal the results once the swap is complete. This ATC is mostly stamped on heavy watercolor paper. The writing was done with Sharpies.

The "set" for the photograph is two backgrounds that I started a few weeks ago - one on canvas & the other on illustration board. I like to prepare grounds and leave them for a while until I have more time to follow up on the piece. It's a fun process for experimenting with color combinations and techniques. These art starts can be as small as an ATC, but I usually have a variety of sizes started.

We've been making progress on our house project, so soon I will be able to devote more time to some larger pieces of art again. Hooray!

No comments: