Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Amazonite Challenge




Since I've been recouperating from getting my wisdom teeth removed last Friday, I'm taking it easy. Working at my jewelry design board was just the thing to take my mind off the pain for a while. This month's gemstone challenge is Amazonite at The Beadhive (BHV), a jewelry and bead designing group I belong to at Etsy & Ebay. I just happened to pick up some Amazonite coins at a show last Spring.

I used Paua Shell, Labradorite, and Kiwi Jasper along with glass seed beads for this 40 inch long necklace. Wear it singly, or wrap it for a double strand look. Matching earrings come with the necklace. I named it Minty Breeze for it's summery look and light appearance and feeling. Minty Breeze will be up for sale in my Etsy store.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello :)

This piece is beautiful. I hope you are recovering fast!

I saw your beautiful piece at the State Fair artists reception. What lovely work, Regina. You must be so very proud!

I hope we talk soon,

Brandie

Susan Tuttle said...

Gorgeous design and color -- minty breeze is the perfect name for it,

Susan

Leah said...

what a beautiful necklace! having wisdom teeth taken out is no fun. hope you'll be feeling 100% soon!