Thursday, August 28, 2008

ButterflyGarden


I love to see the butterflies dance in my garden when I look up from painting the house. Here are a couple shots I took during a break last week. The Monarch is on my Carefree Beauty Rose. Japanese Beetles have tried to devour the roses, but I keep picking them off into soapy water. When asked why I don't just put chemicals on my plants, I tell them there are too many insect friends - butterflies, bees, dragon flies and others.


This butterfly is on my butterfly bush. I can't remember the name of this butterfly, but welcome your comments to remind me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Butterflies are very special to my heart and always bring thoughts of my mom. In fact, whenever I see one, I say hello to her. We usually go to Chincoteague Island over COlumbus Day weekend. It's on the migratory path for the monarchs, and to see hundreds and hundreds of butterflies dancing along the beach is a special sight! I love these photos...just gorgeous!

Andrea Rooks said...

Beautiful photos! Butterflies are the only "bugs" that Natalie isn't afraid of at the moment. She's been pointing at butterflies in her books and asking what they are. I'll have to show her your photos...

walk2write said...

Though the weather can be a bit uncomfortable this time of year, it seems to bring out an amazing variety of insects on display in the garden. I love your photos.