Thursday, May 29, 2008

Illustration Friday - Worry


This was a good week to think about the word worry. What came to mind was Jesus' lesson about worry that can be found in Matthew 6: 24 - 34.
I love these words: "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them." "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" You can read the entire passage that inspired my watercolor sketch by going to the link above.

I journaled about this verse and did several quick sketches of lilies with a bird. I'd like to follow this up with a more detailed painting. By the way, the text was added in photoshop after scanning my painting.

We have a lot on our plate, and it's easy to be overcome with worry. The reminder to not worry has been very timely. Here's another verse that reminds me not to worry, but instead turn to God in prayer. Philippians 4: 6-7.

Blessings to you, Dear Readers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This verse is one of my daughter's favorites. And we continually are applying it to our lives. Your watercolor is beautiful. I love the softness, the flow.
amanda

Jodi Ohl said...

Love your watercolor painting, with your chosen verse, it is perfect for a card even! Lovely painting.

Thank you for your offer to help me!!
I haven't figured out the cropping issue yet, so if you wouldn't mind explaining it to me in photoshop termes, I'd be forever grateful!!

johl3 at windstream dot net

lucy