Monday, May 10, 2010

Believe


Face2Believe.jpg
Originally uploaded by rgrdesigns
This is another mixed media project from All NorahS Art Faces on-line class that I finished this weekend. "Believe" is on a 4" x 4" canvas. A few minor adjustments to her face and hair were added since the previous post. Napkin and tissue were collaged on with Golden Matte Soft Gel. Using Staz-On ink, I stamped "believe" on rice paper that was colored with Ranger distress ink.

I was asked if she is based on anyone. Yes and no. There is much instruction on drawing faces that gives basic guidelines for placement and size of facial features. So, in that sense, she is "generic". However, I did refer to a photo of actress Amy Adams for the general shape of her face.

In the class, Sharon demonstrated blond hair and green eyes. I'm working my way to the brunette side. I knew that using only brown would result in flat looking eyes and hair. There are shades of gold, brown, rust and even deep burgandy in her hair.

I have two more canvases prepped for faces. Our instructions were done with Folk Art Paints which are very economical. But I'm ready to try working with Golden Open Acryllcs. My next challenge is to try mixing my own flesh tones.

2 comments:

b said...

VERY nice. Love the butterfly! B.

Kelee Katillac said...

Lovely work Regina!

I have always loved the word.....

Found you through Creative Everyday...


love, kelee