Monday, February 18, 2008

Tagged!

I just learned that I've been tagged by Fannie who has 2 exciting blogs. Her information about Caran D'Ache Neocolor II pastels inspired me to use mine for the underpainting of my work I posted for Illustration Friday - Theory.

Here are the rules for the tagged:
1. When tagged place the name of the person and URL on your blog
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 7 things about yourself
4. Name 7 of your favorite weblogs
5. Send an email letting those bloggers know they have been tagged!

Seven things about me that I don't normally write about here:
1. I designed and self-published 2 quilt patterns.
2. I was so moved by seeing the Impressionists' paintings the first time my husband took me to the Chicago Art Institute that I cried.
3. I LOVE to sing and am blessed to sing alto in my church praise band.
4. I graduated from Iowa State University with a degree in Home Economics Adult Education.
5. Favorite trips with husband of 26 years -Germany & Netherlands, Estes Park-Royal Gorge-Mesa Verde-Grand Canyon-Petrified Forest(long trip), Black Hills, Central Coast California.
6. I love my garden & flower beds, but my activity there is limited due to back issues.
7. I love to Sudoku before I go to sleep.

Seven weblogs -
1. Brandie - LIttle Pieces of Art - Inspired me to start blogging. Thank You!
2. Tera - Beady Girl Beads - makes AWESOME lampwork art beads & jewelry ~ groovy ~
3. Kimberly - Natural Dye Journal - you should see her naturally dyed fibers
3. Joan - Shades of Joan - beautiful, strong woman
4. Tanya - Tanya Maguire - more beautiful lampwork glass art
5. Chris - Crafts by Chris - wonderful polymer clay beads
6. Leah - Creative Every Day - the name says it all - VERY encouraging
7. Misty - Misty Mawn - art & photography that inspire & touch me

OK - NO OBLIGATIONS if you've been tagged, but it would be fun to see your responses.
Blessings to you.

5 comments:

Leah said...

thanks for the tag, regina! i'll try to do this meme soon!

i can understand how emotional you got at the art museum. art can do that to me too sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Hi Regina,
Thank you for tagging me... you never know, i might just do it, if I get a chance...it's been another full week, which is good, but doesn't leave enough time for all the blogging I want to do. ;-)
you have a very sweet list!
take care.
xo

Fannie said...

Thanks for sharing, Regina. I enjoyed learning more about you. Art must be a comfort and distraction for you in times of health challenges. Sudoku before sleeping--that's an idea. What quilt patterns did you self-publish? You are an artist of many forms. Beautiful!

Regina said...

Regarding my quilt patterns -
I wrote 2 quilted runner patterns that I designed with natural-dyed fabrics. The quilts were a commission for my friend, Kimberly of Prairie Fibers Company, who dyed the fabric. Check out her site - link on side bar.
I've designed other quilts, but didn't write instructions.
I'll have to post some of my fiber work one of these days.

Anonymous said...

Hello Regina, thanks for telling more about yourself.
When you will travel to the Netherlands or Germany again, I hope you will stop in Belgium ... It would be nice to meet you !