Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Knit Stole with Lion Brand Moonlight Mohair & Trellis


I love knitting during the cold weather months. My current project is being knit with a luscious white Alpaca yarn I purchased from Prairie Fibers Company. I'm knitting a wide lace scarf in a very simple Feather and Fan Pattern. It's worked on a repeat of 18 stitches. Row 1:knit, Row 2: purl, Row 3: {(K2 tog)3x, (YO, K1)6x, (K2 tog)3x} repeat across, Row 4: knit.
I added an extra stitch at the beginning and end of the rows. I always slip the 1st stitch knit wise, and knit the last stitch. It makes a nice edge.

This image is the stole I recently finished. I used Lion Brand's Moonlight Mohair and Trellis and was inspired by a scarf pattern. This stole was worked lengthwise starting with about 160 stitches on a size 15 needle. I'm not impressed with the hand of the Moonlight Mohair, but it is very pretty. There are 2 strands on this yarn - one fuzzy, one with variations of sparkle and contrast. The Trellis yarn is a ladder yarn & very slippery. I think I should have knotted the tails before I weaved them in. I did make sure to leave the tails long, but I already had to rework one end when I was finishing the ends. I added 2 rows of crochet with the MM yarn before adding fringe. The fringe is 2 strands of MM with 1 of Trellis.
Now, for a date night so I can wear it!

1 comment:

Joan said...

Just breathtaking craftsmanship.

I am always in awe when I see beautiful hand work.

I never learned to knit, and it is something that should be on my life list :)

Regina, this is really beautiful!