Thursday, September 30, 2010

End of September Pot Luck including GPP Crusade No. 44


You might think I'm just scraping by....
In a sense, I have been.  The September Green Pepper Press Crusade challenged us to prepare a journal page by scraping on paint.   I often use a palette knife, but an old credit card makes a wonderful tool. 

This time I also used some unused plastic dividers from a storage tray... you know, the kind found in the fishing tackle section of the big box store.  I buy them to store beads.

I really didn't have a lot of time to spend on this crusade.  Good thing it was simple.  I started with paint colors I was considering for some "serious" art.  That decision served me well.  I was hoping to replicate a color mixture that I had used previously.  The teal color wasn't turning out as I expected.
After scraping around on my journal page, I remembered that I had forgotten to mix a bit of red with my blue & gold.  Yes, I have this written down in another journal, but I thought I had it memorized better.

I've only shown my "official" crusade page, but I scraped paint more simply in another journal to use up the paint.

The lighting was less than optimal for this flat on shot, but you can see the variety of marks that I could make with my little scrapers.  I wonder what Michelle Ward will challenge us to do next?

This is a little mixed media piece in progress.  It's part of a trio that I painted for this upcoming event:

I'm looking forward to hanging out with fellow artists at Snus Hill Winery in Central Iowa.  Since we will be indoors, it will be a great day to shop for art and taste some wine.


More ATCs for this event (which will make them ACEOs).  Names.  I will be following up soon with replies from my previous post. 
And just in case that wasn't enough, I've been in rehearsals with our church choir.   We will be part of a mass choir (nearly 200 singers!) singing with Simon Estes on Sunday, October 10th at 3:00 at Cornerstone Church in Ames, Iowa.
The proceeds of the concert will benefit Habitat of Humanity in Story County.  Our choir is joining the high school choirs from across the county to perform beautiful music.  Mr. Estes is a world renown bass/baritone.  If you are in the area, this will be a treat for your ears.
Well, I better get back to preparing for this coming Sunday!

9 comments:

jgr said...

Hi Regina.
Your 'scrapes' are beautiful, such yummy colors. Have a blast at your event, too-it sounds fun, especially the wine tasting. Hah!

michelle ward said...

Regina - I'm glad you reposted your link! Sorry it didn't come through earlier....I posted to the current list as well as the list for C44. Thanks for sharing this work - love the colors and textures. AND I love those ATCs! Fab!!! Now get cracking on the next one :)

VStarRider said...

Love the textures you got with the different scraping "tools" - really cool! And hope you have a great performance this weekend with the choir.
Cindi

Jester said...

great pieces, Regina - I love those wonderful colours and textures!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how we think we remember perfectly, but we don't ... thank goodness for art journals ;-)
I really like the colour combination you've used. And wow! You sure have been busy with the ATCs.

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

Beautiful, your scraped painting is more then just scraping paint LOL Love the colorcombination !

Marble Blue said...

Oooh - your backgrounds are delicious!!! You've given me lots of inspiration - the colours are to die for.

Kari Desi said...

Love your backgrounds! Very cool colors and textures.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful backgrounds. Love the textures.