Wednesday, February 10, 2010

GPP Crusade No. 37: Love Letters (part2)

Could it be any plainer?
This is a love affair with X's & O's!

Have you visited the Green Pepper Street Team yet? Take this link to the site where you can link to other artists who are participating in the challenge. Their names are on the left side column.

As you can tell by the post title, this is my second entry. I worked this journal spread during the same sessions as the previous post. It's good to have simultaneous projects going. It helps me stop long enough for a layer of paint to dry before going on to another and causing a muddy mess.

I used the same magenta and phthalo turquoise as the previous spread, but the look is very different because I omitted the gold. As a result, I didn't get the range of secondary colors.

I'm not sure if I will do any journaling on these spreads. Thinking about it. I did a bit of research on the origin of X & O which was interesting. Just google the phrase with your question. It's amazing how much info is on the web! I think I should scan these pages before I write anything. Maybe I could write on the print out because these pages have lots of texture from the gesso spattering and writing could be a challenge.

XOXOX

17 comments:

jgr said...

WOW! These are amazing, Regina. I love what you've done. Also, thank you for the detailed info on the colors, the gold really makes a difference.

Paula said...

Thank you for a breath of spring! You x's and o's are wonderful, and I can't help but thinking lovely thoughts!

michelle ward said...

Regina - so beautiful and ethereal. Amazing what a simple mask can do. I like them as is. (You could journal on a transparency and tip it in.) Again, thanks for sharing your cool stuff with the team.

Mona said...

This is so nice! I am so behind with the challange. I like the non traditional colors. Very nice.

Imelda said...

I like your use of color in your pages.

goudenregen said...

The gesso resist is very beautiful on your pages, love your colors. They are fabulous without journaling on them.

PJ said...

Your x's & o's are just great! I've dabbled at journal art...I've been intriqued with why people scan...now I know the texture (which has been a factor) I like taking simple things and looking up facts- I will do that with your x & o's!

Jackie Wood said...

Beautiful and dreamy!

Anonymous said...

Love the XO posts. Sending pre-Valentine Day XOXOX's to you! Love, Chickie Sis

Martha Lever said...

I love these spreads. They are beautiful! I am not sure what the music is because it's on my other computer at the studio. I will let you know when I get back. I hope I remember. It was some sort of relaxing music I found on Itunes.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous page!! I really like what you did here!

Julie Jordan Scott said...

The simple words, "This is a love affair" call to me. Yes. Yes. YES!

inge said...

Hello Regina,

beautiful colorcombination again !
greetings from belgium
Inge

Janet said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL!

Laura said...

Regina, just popping in to say hello, hope all is well with you. Love these journal pgs, thanks for reminding me about the Crusades w/ Michelle :)

Chris said...

Regina, I just LOVE these! What a fabulous idea.

Shayla said...

They're gorgeous, Regina. I can see why you're undecided about writing on them.