Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Liquitex Acrylic Ink Landscape


Last week I was inspired to paint something for my wonderful husband as his birthday gift. The scene was inspired by photos I shot at a local park, but it came mostly from my imagination.

Earlier in that day I listened to water colorist, Sterling Edwards on a webinar. That influenced my decision to paint a landscape with water color techniques. I have been experimenting with Liquitex Acrylic Inks and decided to use them. I also used a bit of Golden Fluid Acrylic Titatium White since I don't have white ink.

The white paint was used to make tints for the highlights. The majority of white on the painting is the white paper. Leaving the whites unpainted was one of the techniques that Sterling Edwards talked about. It was a good reminder for me since I don't usually remember to do that.

Before framing the painting, I went to Staples and got a half-scale copy made on photographic paper. I used the print to make Hubby's birthday card. Happily, he was thrilled with both. The painting went right up on the wall. Need I say more.

No comments: